Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to shape the course of South Niagara communities? Do you like to have fun and enjoy collaborating with people? You might consider employment with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
As employment opportunities arise, they are posted below. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes to the contacts provided for each position. Only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mail follow-ups please.
There are currently 2 position available with Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Niagara, a Fundraising & Events Coordinator and a Caseworker details below
Fundraising & Events Coordinator – 12-month Contract Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the experienced full time Fundraising & Events Coordinator is responsible for all fundraising events and activities of the agency. Directly responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors, supporters, and volunteers. Coordinate and execute of annual fundraising events, third party events, all lotteries as well as recruitment and organization of agency volunteers for the events. The Coordinator will be a very organized, individual that works in an ethical fundraising manner within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization. Work with various Fundraising Sub Committees to ensure successful agency events.
- Coordinate and implement agency fundraising events, including providing support to volunteer committees, recruitment of volunteers, solicitation of sponsorship, budget management and post even assessments.
- Implement marketing plan including development of event materials and social media campaigns
- Prepare, implement and maintain a project plan for all events, including strategy development and problem-solving
- Propose ideas and solutions to volunteer committees and Executive Director on current and future agency events
- Work to achieve annual even revenues and manage budgets provided for each event
- Maintain the agency website, social media platforms and fundraising platforms
- University degree or community college diploma in fundraising with experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to support and motivate volunteers and staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to take and give direction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills including word processing, database management and social media
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Access to a vehicle
- CFRE certification is an asset
Only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Submit resumes with salary expectations in your cover letter via email to Barb Van Der Heyden, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 19, 2016.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Niagara (BBBSSN)
JOB POSTING – CASEWORKER
BBBSSN’s mission is ‘to empower children and youth to achieve their full potential through positively mentored relationships that exemplifies mutual respect, trust and care’. As a full time (37.5 hours per week) caseworker, your caseload will include one to one and group community matches as well as site based mentoring programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, effective volunteer recruitment, screening, selection, training, matching, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of matches between identified Littles and adult volunteer Bigs. The key objective of the role is to ensure positive youth development aligning with current Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada National Service Delivery Standards and local agency policies. Successful candidate will have at minimum a diploma in Social Service Work or Child and Youth Work as well as a successful NRPS criminal record and vulnerable sector query certificate. Our agency service area includes: Welland, Pelham, Port Colborne, Wainfleet, Fort Erie and surrounding communities. For further agency information, please go to www.bbbsinniagara.ca
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Mentor Recruitment
- Volunteer Assessment
- Case Management
- Program Development/Report Writing
- Outings and Events
- Child Centred Initiatives
- Marketing and Networking
- Participation in agency fundraising initiatives
Submit resumes via email to Barb Van Der Heyden, Executive Director, to email@example.com, no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 19, 2016. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.