Thank you for your interest in Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Niagara.
We currently have one position available.
Fundraising & Events Coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, the contract full-time Fundraising & Events Coordinator will be directly responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters and providing evaluation reports upon the completion of each event. The Fundraising & Events Coordinator is also responsible and accountable for the planning and execution of all annual fundraising events, coordination of third party events, lotteries, as well as the recruitment and organization of agency volunteers for events.
The ideal candidate will have advanced experience using Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel and Word) and will possess excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven capability as a relationship builder with a reputation as a positive team player that is highly organized and detail-oriented, self-motivated, and adept at managing multiple projects at once.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Fundraising with proven experience;
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- People skills with the ability to identify and build long-term relationships;
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks;
- Experience with Social Media and the ability to create posts and generate attention;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers and staff;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to take and give direction;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Sound computer skills including word processing, database management and social media;
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector;
- Ability to work flexible hours as required;
- Access to a vehicle;
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification is considered an asset.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all candidates for their interest and will directly contact those selected for an interview.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectation in your cover letter via email to Barb Van Der Heyden, Executive Director at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. December 15, 2019.
As other employment opportunities arise, they will be posted.
If you are interested in volunteering at our events & fundraisers,
please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org